Sunday 8 July 2012

The Scrapbooking Soiree - A Link Party - July!

Thanks so much to everyone who linked up their projects to my Scrapbooking Soiree last month. I was so excited to see the entries, and I found a few blogs I hadn't seen before! If you missed last months entries, see them here.

I'm going to keep hosting this monthly party, for now at least! 

AND, because I love giving you stuff, I'm going to draw a random winner from all the links each month to win a little prize! From last month's entries the winner was:


That's ScrappyJacky! Here's her lovely page:


Click on her name (above) to learn more about the layout. Jacky - get in touch at jennifer grace (at) hotmail (dot) co (dot) uk, and I'll send you little surprise package!

For those of you who don't know what the Scrapbooking Soiree is about, here's the details:

I love sharing my projects, and I've been looking for more places to share my scrapbooking. There's lots of online challenges that I could join in with (and often do), and I know there are places on forums for bloggers to link up their latest post (which I also do now and then), or galleries to post projects in. But what about when I just create a layout that's not to do with a challenge, or when I don't have time to read lots of other people's blogs, so I don't feel right leaving my blog on a forum list?

I've looked for a link party to join up with, but there aren't any (that I can find) which focus on scrapbooking, though there's lots about other crafts, and diy, recipes, etc. I like browsing those lists, but I'd also like to be able to browse some scrapbooking links, as well as linking my own. I know there's Pinterest, and lots of other places to find inspiration, but I always wonder what blogging gems I'm missing!

I hope I'm not the only one that would like another place to browse for scrapbooking projects, and to link up our own. So I'm hosting a scrapbooking link party right here! 

Welcome to The Scrapbooking Soiree!


This monthly link party will start on the 8th of each month (number 8 is my favourite number, but that's a post for another day!), and it will go live in the evening, about 8pm England time. Any scrapbook projects blogged about between the 8th of the current month, and the 7th of the following month, can be added to the linky. Your post MUST contain a scrapbooking project - ie. a project containing photos and/or journaling (so it can be mini-album or wall-art that is scrapbook related, as well as layouts), but no cards or home decor etc. There can be other projects (eg cards) on the same post, as long as there is one scrapbook project there too. The project can be linked up to other challenges / classes / events too.

You can post up to 4 links a month to different posts of yours. It would be great if you could include a link back to this party, but it's not a requirement. The only other thing I ask is that you visit at least one other link, preferably a blog you wouldn't normally visit, and try to leave a comment too. It would be good if you can visit more if you're able to!

So there we go... I hope you'd like to join the party. The prize this month will be:


A Fancy Pants 'Beach Bum' 6x6" Paper Pad! Just link up your scrapbooking project by 7th August 2012 at 11.59pm GMT to be in the draw to win!

Of course, if you'd like to link up your projects, but you're not interested in the prize, then just let me know in the comments.

Happy crafting, x

5 comments:

Ginger said...

Hello Jennifer - nice to meet you :) I want to thank you for your lovely comments about my canvas over at Sian's. I love to meet new bloggers and I see you have a great idea here with your Scrapbooking Soiree :) I have joined your site and will subscribe so I see your posts in my google reader!

scrappyjacky said...

Many thanks,Jennifer.

Susanne said...

So happy to be joining in the soiree this month.

Lisa-Jane said...

I love the look of that collection, I've not seen that around. Must remember to link mine up as I only did one last month I think! Doh!

Alison said...

Hoping to remember to link up more than one LO this month!
Alison xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...